Saturday, August 29, 2015

I am IN LOVE with the MTC!!:)

HELLO!:)

Oh my gosh I'm just like loving it here!!:)  I am IN LOVE with the MTC!!:)  I sent the family a letter yesterday but I don't think they got it just yet:)  I'm seriously just like having the time of my life!!  I walked into the MTC with just the biggest grin on my face and it hasn't left since:)  My companions name is Elder Olsen, he's from Henderson, Nevada, and we're both going to TORONTO!:)  It's been cool!  I love my district:):)  We have the coolest elders, we're always laughing and just having a blast:)  The spirit is SOOOOO strong and I love it:)  It's just been the coolest experience, and I'm loving every day!  They say the MTC is definitely what you make of it, and that is definitely true!  But we're having a blast:)  We got our first investigator yesterday, and we invited him to be baptized on the first lesson:)  It was such a cool experience, especially because he had a lot of questions about why bad things happen to good people.  He's experienced some hard trials in his life, which was I believe not a coincidence that our companionship was assigned to teach him:)  It was so neat being able to use experiences in my life already 3 days out of the gate to help teach and show love to my investigators.  As we taught him about the Savior, and how the atonement helps not only overcome sin, but sadness and heartache as well, his countenance just seemed to change:)  Hope was let back into his eyes, and he accepted our invitation to pray to know that these things were true:)  It was such a cool experience.  Prayer has also become such a huge strength for me.  I've found that when I pray, both personally, and with my companion, the spirit just seems to flow.  I get SO EXCITED preparing lessons for my investigators:)  And scripture study has become my sanctuary of sorts.  I love the scriptures, and spend any free moment searching them to find answers and comfort.  This experience has been such a blessing in my life, and I can testify that this work is true, and this decision is right for me.  I love this gospel, and I can't wait to get out in the field:)  I've made a commitment from here on out that I will invite my investigators to baptism UNLESS the spirit prompts me not to.  I've also made a commitment to stop everyone I can on the streets.  I feel this is the type of missionary Heavenly Father needs me to be.  I feel as if I've been prepared so well to teach and proselyte in this manner, and I am confident the Lord will make ALL the difference as I strive to follow His will for me.  Can't wait to here from you guys!!  I get an hour each week so we can email back and forth in that time.  Saturdays are my P-Days, and I'll be emailing in the mornings so yeah just a heads up!:)  I Love YOU All!:)

Elder Bybee
Toronto Canada
Ofa Atu

No comments:

Post a Comment