Monday, October 12, 2015

My American People :)

Well, Canadian Thanksgiving is today and boy did I have a lot to be grateful for!  This week has been a week of tracting, since we lost a couple of investigators due to various reasons.  So I've been working on my tracting skills haha:)  It's been so amazing to see the blessings that come from opening my mouth and talking to EVERYONE.  I've realized that God doesn't need me to teach and baptize everyone.  He needs me to help people have a positive and uplifting experience with the Church, and to be a disciple of Christ each and every day.  I've really worked on that, and it's brought me a lot of happiness, despite not having as much success number wise.  I know this is what I need to do, and I've truly felt the Spirit sanctifying me and renewing me as I try to be the best missionary I can be.  The promises in the scriptures have become real for me.  They are fulfilled through our efforts to follow the commandments associated with the promised blessings.  
This week Graham, one of our investigators, decided he wants to be baptized.  His process has been a long one, and it brought tears to my eyes to see the light and excitement as he testified that this was the decision God wanted him to make.  The spirit was so strong, and I could see the light in his eyes.  I was so excited for him!  It is so touching to see such strong and valiant spirits choosing to follow Christ and start down the path to happiness and exaltation.  I am constantly humbled by the chance I have to interact with such strong and valiant spirits.  I am constantly reminded that I have nothing to do with this process of conversion.  It is through me that the spirit works, and as I follow the direction of the spirit, that miracles occur.  Graham is a perfect example of a modern day miracle.  He is a devout Born again Christian, and told us time and time again that he would have never listened to us.  But, it was through the work of Salvation, that a member family befriended him, and consequently he was open to listening to us.  I know I have nothing to do with the work that goes on here.  It is through us that the spirit testifies and that miracles happen.  I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be a disciple and representative of Jesus Christ.  I am humbled to be a means through which souls can come unto Christ.  This process I know can only occur as we strive to follow Him, and use His atonement daily.  I love my Savior, and I know that He lives.  
This week I had the opportunity to participate in my first companion exchange.  Elder Ngerantar is from Malaysia, and is the District leader.  I learned a lot from him, and his advice and counsel has helped me to be a better missionary.  We have transfers coming up this weekend and so I might not get to see Graham or Bella baptized, but that's okay.  I did my part, and that's enough for me.  
I am so grateful for this opportunity.  It has blessed me and helped me to grow so much.  As I've tried my hardest to "Lose myself" in the work, I've seen that I've come to start finding myself, finding parts and gaining parts of myself I didn't know I had, or could have.  It's been such a blessing and honor to work with and among God's children.  The worth of every soul is great, and I've seen that daily.  God's love for us is so infinite and incomprehensible, it is overwhelming to think about.  But I feel it daily.  I love Him, and I love Christ.  It's been a good week:)  
Much love from the Falls,
Elder Bybee
Toronto Canada
Ofa Atu
Golfing:):)



Me bored one day:)
Elder smith's prayer stance;)

The District!
Elder Ngerantar

View from the SKYWAY

No comments:

Post a Comment