Monday, October 26, 2015

St. Thomas

Hey there!!  

This weeks been interesting for sure!  Adjusting has been weird, but I've really tried to throw myself in the area, and it's really blessed my life and the area.  I got to St. Thomas, and lasted about a day before I just snapped and told Elder Carullo we had to do something about the apartment, cuz it was DIRTY.  We cleaned all day and now everything's good and happy:)  Elder Carullo's super upbeat and has a really good attitude.  It's been sweet!  
There's a lot of crazy people in St. Thomas cuz the old insane aslyum closed down, so they all wander the streets now.  But they're nice for the most part haha:)  The people are a little less receptive to the message, but no worries, we just have to find the people who are, eh?:)

So St. Thomas is in charge of 2 areas, which makes it hard to balance both of them.  It's been a juggling act so far, and the last elder wasn't the most faithful, which is frustrating, but we're doing our best and just really getting down to work.  Tillsonburg is our other area, and we have 3 new investigators there!  Angel is 15, Hannah is 9 and their mum.  They're super prepared and it's been so cool getting to know them.  Both Angel and Hannah want to get baptized and take the lessons, so we're super stoked for that!!!  They've been really taken care of by the members in Tillsonburg, so it's been a huge blessing.  
This week I've really gained a witness of the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion.  We've just preached the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, and it's been so awesome to see the fruits of our efforts.  We're blessed in this area to have supportive members, and it's just been awesome:)  I was told the other day that I have a "Utah Drawl", which was surprising for me...apparently I do, so that was a bit weird to hear.  We also had the opportunity to do a lot of tracting this week.  It's been such a blessing to be with Elder Carullo. His upbeat attitude makes tracting something to look forward to, it's really helped me out personally.  We've been doing a lot of work to get the areas to where they need to be, since the last couple Elder's haven't stayed on top of things as much, which is frustrating, but we do what we're called to do:)  It's been pretty satisfying to get the area organized, get to know the members, and to learn the area a bit better.  I'm definitely looking forward to really helping the work progress in the St. Thomas and Tillsonburg areas.  
On Tuesday, I learned how to make stone statues...it was crazy!  We mixed cement and sand and dirt and learned how to pour statues!  It was super interesting!!  
This week has been a growing week for me, definitely.  I've learned a lot about taking the initiative and being the change I want to see in the area.  I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve in St. Thomas.  It has blessed me, and humbled me to see how I can better serve the Lord in the way He needs me to.  I'm really working on just allowing the spirit to work through me, and it's brought results in amazing ways!  We're really excited to throw ourselves into the work, and I know we will continue to see the fruits of our labors.  
I love my Savior.  He has been so good to me this week.  I am blessed to know and love Him, and am so grateful for the opportunity to be a servant of Him.  I love you all!
The Boys and Brother Knight(and Jimmy hahaha:)

the studious Elder Carullo

Me using my ghetto pass;)

Elder Carullo about to knock the sketchy parts of St. Thomas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment