Monday, November 2, 2015

A week of Miracles

Man this week has been crazy!!  It's just so amazing how the Lord prepares those we come into contact with.  This week we have had the opportunity to invite two people to be baptized, and both accepted!  Which is so amazing because both St. Thomas and Tillsonburg haven't really had baptism's in a while, so this is a very special time for both area's.  The Lord is definitely working here to bring souls unto Christ, and it is Him that is doing the work here.  We are just vessels.  

Elder Carullo and I have just been having a blast!  When we're working we're either busting up laughing or trying our hardest not to!  We have a blast serving the Lord and we've really grown in the 2 short weeks we've been together!  The work is moving forward here, and I'm so blessed to be able to have the opportunity to witness it and be a part of it.  

One of my spiritual moments this week actually came with inviting one of our investigators, Devin, to be baptized!  We were sharing the Plan of Salvation with him, and he was really grasping it.  The previous missionaries had invited him to be baptized a couple weeks ago, and so we weren't planning to invite him for another couple weeks.  But as we taught, I felt the spirit strongly tell me I needed to invite him to be baptized.  Not really knowing what was going to happen, and feeling really worried that it might push him further away from the church, I ignored the negative thoughts and followed the promptings of the spirit.  To my surprise, he not only accepted, but bore his personal testimony of why he wanted to be baptized.  It was such a blessing to feel the Lord working through me to help bring one of His children unto Christ.  I know that being in the right place in the right time with the right spirit will bring about miracles!  

This experience was compounded when a couple days later I was reading the talk "You are Not Alone in the Work" by President Eyring.  It talked of how when we fulfill our priesthood duty, the Lord magnifies our efforts tenfold, and the effect is miraculous and powerful.  I know that this is true.  I have felt this influence in my life as I've done my best to follow the promptings of the spirit, and I've felt the vast difference when I haven't.  The Lord works in mysterious ways, and ways we don't always understand.  A simple declaration of God's love for one of His children can have long-reaching effects we may never see.  However, the Lord see's, and so do the people we share these gospel truths with.  Many times it is scary to open your mouth, for fear of what men may say.  But the scriptures say, "Fear no man."  The scriptures teach that to those of us who open our mouths, they will be filled "in the very hour" that we need it.  Opening my mouth this week and talking to EVERYONE has brought a change in the area that could not take place anyway else.  My calling is to preach the gospel to all nations, kindreds, tongues and people.  That purpose cannot be accomplished except we give everyone the opportunity to hear it.  

I love you all!  I'm so blessed to know each of you, and I testify that the Savior Jesus Christ is real.  He walks these streets, and softens the hearts of those we teach.  I love Him.  And He loves us.  Have a good week!
Elder Bybee

Toronto Canada
Ofa Atu

No comments:

Post a Comment