Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Work's coming together

Man, this week has been so awesome!!!  I have honestly never been SO busy..like this week broke my threshold for tiredness.  We had 3 exchanges this week, and constantly running around, with just like the busiest schedule this week, things have been tough.  But so good:):)  It is so awesome being just so busy!!  I love it!!  I feel just like I'm really being productive in the Lord's kingdom, and that I'm doing my part in this part of the vineyard.  Me and Elder Carullo have just been running from appointment to appointment, doing our best and just giving our all to the Lord.  We have seen miracle after miracle, and it's really just been so awesome!!!  I have seriously found so much joy in the work here.  

There's a saying here in the mission.  A tired and obedient missionary is the happiest missionary.  I can definitely testify that that is true!!  I have never been happier than I am when I'm being obedient.  The joy you find in serving and helping others is multiplied by the Savior as we strive to help His children.  I know that it is when we are in the service of our fellow man, that we are only in the service of our God.  He has given us our gifts and abilities, as well as our weaknesses, so that we can help others.  The Lord, as 2 Nephi 2:2 states, will consecrate our afflictions for our gain.  He will take our trials, and build them into strengths.  So that in turn, we can help others.  It is comforting to know that I am striving and dedicating my life for these 2 years to a worthy cause.  Bishop told me that there is nothing like going to bed at night just dead tired, but knowing that your tired because you've been saving souls, and exercising all the abilities and skills you have to bring souls unto Christ.  

I just love being out here!!!  I love being a missionary, and I love the people here.  I love them.  They are here, and they are my people.  My family.  I want just the best for them, and my deepest desires are to help them to have what I have.  I know this is true.  I know this church is true, and by testifying each day of my Savior Jesus Christ, I make a difference.  Sometimes those differences aren't seen.  More often than not our actions are never fully understood by us.  But that's okay!  The most important conversion people experience is not when we are there talking.  It is when they humbly kneel and converse with their Father in Heaven, that the Spirit enters the room, and testifies of truth.  It's the Spirit that changes people, not us.  I have nothing to do with people's conversion.  I do not matter in the grand scheme of things.  I know that, and that's okay!  It's the Spirit, and the Savior Jesus Christ that changes people.  We are just the means by which He can work through us from time to time.  I am so grateful to be an instrument in the Lord's hands.  It's blessed me in so many ways.  I love being a missionary.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know He's there for me.  I love you all!!  Have a good week!!

Elder Bybee
Toronto Canada
Ofa Atu
Exchanges
looking fresh to death
on exchanges with Elder Blanscett

 with Angel!
Being Goofy!

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment