Monday, March 21, 2016

Never been more tired...never been more blessed

Man...where to even start.  It's been such a blessing to serve the Lord this week.  We have seen miracle after miracle!  The Lord is hastening His work, and rewards His servants generously when they do what He asks.  Life's Good:)  

To start, we hit standards again this week!:)  Ah, the Lord provides a way for everything he commands us to do!:)  I definitely have come to gain such a strong testimony of that.  Obedience brings blessings.  Exact obedience brings miracles.  

I can honestly say...this week  has been...the most TIRING week of my entire life...I've never worked so hard, and honestly?  I've never been more happy...it is a complete honor...to help souls come unto Christ.  To be able to see the change they make, and the happiness it brings them honestly is worth ever slammed door and cuss word.  Hahaha it's been awesome, This week I've really noticed the spirit SO strong with us as we've taught.  Our lessons have been powerful..the Spirit has born witness of truth...I've come to really appreciate and rely on the principle of Silence...sometimes the most powerful spiritual experiences come in the silence that follows a testimony of truth...because it allows the Spirit to have His time with the people we're working with...they get that short time of silence to let everything soak in, and feel the Holy Ghost working within their own hearts.  
The Sons of Mosiah taught with "great power and authority", because they came to understand what it meant to be obedient to God's commandments.  When they made those changes, and began to follow Christ, their hearts were changed, and they began to want the things God wants.  I have seen that on a smaller scale in my own life, as I've grown to want the things God wants...I truly believe that is part of why we've seen so many miracles this week...The Spirit will always abound in good works, and honest desires to do good.  

Mormon declares,

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
I have been called of him, 
to declare his word among his people,
that they might have everlasting life."

I feel to add my witness to that ancient prophets.  I am a son of God.  Jesus Christ is my Savior and Exemplar.  I am His disciple.  It is a blessing...to be able to share my witness of the Savior with His people...for the people here in St. Thomas truly are His children...and He loves them so much.  I am honored to bear witness of this truth to everyone I come into contact with.  It is truth, that when you come to love the people you serve, your desire to proclaim this glad message that He lives grows within you, bringing true happiness to both my heart, and the hearts of those I serve.  True happiness comes from Him, for ALL good things come from God, through Jesus Christ.  I've come to truly know that, through Him, all things are possible.  

A short miracle, before I go:)

We went to a lesson with one of our investigators, and brought Logenn with us, a returned missionary who just got home from California!  Super dope, I've learned a ton from him coming out with us!  Anyway, we went into this lesson, and rounded up her daughter to listen in for a lesson too!  We started in, and the spirit was super strong.  Towards the end, we invited her to be baptized, and she said yes!:)  We were a bit startled, but super excited.  As we were pondering on a good date, May 18th came to mind.  We extended the invitation, and May 18th turned out to be her birthday!:)  Of course, she was delighted and is now preparing for baptism, along with 4 others we're working with who also have baptismal dates!  The Lord truly knows His people, and it was He who prompted us to extend that invitation on that day...I know as well as anyone that I can't do that stuff...But He can...and He has...ALL throughout this week.  
God's light is real.  It's influence can be felt each day, as we seek it out, being obedient, and fearlessly following our Savior, Jesus Christ.  

I love you all!:)  Christ lives!:)  So can you:)  

Elder Bybee

STAY FLY AND BAPTIZE
 
 
just a casual amaryllis chillin in Bill's house.  
 


 Making some Monday morning goodness.

 Chef Master Bybs, coming in with the clutch.
 
  
 
 Hole-In-One's (Credit goes to Pops, who taught me the tricks of the trade)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment