Monday, April 11, 2016

St. Thomas or Die

Well, what can I say??  THE ST. THOMAS BOYS ARE STAYING ANOTHER TRANSFER!! :)  hahahaha we were freaking out, it was SOOOO SICK!!! :)  We had been asking practically everyone we saw to pray for us to stay here, and so when President told us we were staying it was just mass chaos, we were screaming and yelling, it was awesome! :)  

This week has been awesome! We've continued to see a wide variety of miracles, as we've continued to exercise our faith, and stay humble :)  Humility and faith have been key elements in my learning process this last transfer, and as such we were blessed to see 5 investigators at church on Sunday!!  It was such a blessing, and I definitely felt so humbled at being able to witness those people we meet grow closer to Jesus Christ and be touched by the Spirit.

In particular, we were praying and fasting for one person to make it out to church.  She is seriously SO awesome, and has such a sincere desire to better her life and more closely follow Jesus Christ.  Circumstances in the past have prevented her from making it out, and so Saturday night we decided to fast and pray.  As she walked into the chapel Sunday morning, a feeling, one I've only felt on select occasions, entered my heart.  I felt true joy...at the blessing to witness someone taking a step closer to Christ.  I love this town...and love these people.  They are close to the Lord's heart..and He loves them dearly.  

This week I had an interesting experience, as a returned missionary spoke in Sacrament meeting.  His mission president asked him at the beginning of his mission why he got up at 6:30 in the morning every morning.  At the time he didn't really know.  As he continued on with his mission, at the very end, he had an interview with President and told him he had an answer for him.  He said
"I get up at 6:30 every morning because I love the Savior."  

I've thought a lot about that...why I do the things I do every day...it was a blessing to be able to ponder on that...and reflect on the why...striving to purify my motives...bring them in line with the first and greatest commandment,
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

That commandment is first and foremost.  I feel to add my testimony to that returned missionary's and say,
I do what I do...because I love my Savior.  He is the why and the how.  My mission, as His representative, is to testify of the Savior.  God the Father, in almost every recorded account of His appearing to man, testifies each time of the Divinity and mission of His Son, Jesus Christ.  Christ is the way.  

I have come to understand through various spiritual experiences that the definition of a man today is seriously warped.  Man today is dominant, and commanding, he exercises control and unrighteous dominion.  He is coarse, unfeeling, emotionless, and never soft.  He is to look a certain way, and act a certain way, to gain acceptance from his peers.  

It is saddening to see such a diversion from the example of the Perfect Man.  He was humble..meek, patient.  He championed womanhood throughout His entire life.  He mingled with the lowly, and the sick.  He wept, and wept often!  He loved...completely and unconditionally.  He never controlled...merely invited those around Him to change.  In all ways He honored His Father, and cared for the less fortunate and the downtrodden.

I have come to know, that a true man is
One who embodies the Character of Christ, and fearlessly follows Him.

This over arches and encompasses ALL other qualities and characteristics.  A true man, knows, and loves His Savior.  A true man..fearlessly follows Him wherever He leads him.

He is my Savior.  His love is all-encompassing.  He died, and rose again...for me.  It was not a collective effort for the sins of the world...rather an individual, painstaking atonement for a group of "ones".  Christ seeks out "ones".  Not groups, not families even.  But "ones".  He went after the one lost sheep.  Each effort He makes to reach out to us is not some large scale rescue effort to save all us sinners.  Rather...it is a heartfelt, plea..from one Soul to another...to accept the gift that One made for you.  He speaks, teaches and heals the "one"s.  He has an individual understanding and relationship with each of us.  Because, in His eyes, we are all "the one".  Because of Him, and His love, we are ALL worth saving.  I testify these things to be true.  

I love you all!  Geared up and ready for another blessed transfer in the Promised Land!!

much love!
--
Elder Bybee

STAY FLY AND BAPTIZE
 
A fun little game we play with Bill.  We hide sticky notes with little sayings and funny comments all around his house.  As you can see, he's labeled it "The gospel according to Moses and Messy".



Zone Council with da boys
 

 
Massive cookie...just cuz


when it's transfer day...


oh ya know..just getting huge..

psych, just staring at weights, wishing I had the energy to get huge.
 
 
President Clayton seen on TV after being newly called as an Area Apostle.
 

President & Sister Clayton during Conference April 2016.
 




 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Elder Bybee you are one of a kind!. You both are awesome people. I cant wait until you can read these comments. But I've been blessed to have met you guys. And I'll be so sad to see you leave. But thank you for not giving up hope. Makes me smile so much!

    ReplyDelete