Monday, May 30, 2016

more baptisms, YSA, and the ZL life

Holy crap...this week has been, by far....THE BUSIEST, CRAZIEST WEEK OF MY LIFE....
and I absolutely love it :):) 

To start off, we had a baptism on Saturday, which was SICK!  Eric is awesome, he's had a crazy conversion story, and I was super lucky to be able to get to know him and see him baptized last week! 

To summarize the past week....man what to even say...I think I ate dinner a total of 2 times last week...and maybe 5 lunches...life is just SO busy now, it's nuts!  We've gotta go to everyone's district meetings, plus all these other meetings, report everyone's numbers, and still meet with all the SICK YSA peeps!  speaking of which, I freaking love YSA...it's so sick!!  It's crazy, Hamilton has around 600,000 people in it, so it's like HUGE and there's like 3 universities either in or around it, so it's chuck full of YSA.  So we basically just walk around downtown Hamilton and talk with all the college students and teach them about the restored truths Jesus Christ revealed to Joseph Smith :) It's pretty sweet :):):)  I love it!!! 

We basically cover from Hamilton to Burlington down to Niagara Falls...so I get to go down there sometimes, which warms my heart :)  That was my first area, and I loved it, so I'll be able to go on exchanges with the elders down there, and visit all the recent converts down there :) 

What can I say?? :)  Life's good :):) 

I want to share my testimony of the Love of the Savior Jesus Christ for us all.  He loves us so deeply...and completely.  His knowledge of our character and weaknesses is perfect.  He knows everything...yet in His divine love and compassion, He extends His hand towards us unfailing.  His love has the power to overcome ALL hurts, all broken hearts, all wounds and all scars.  He has already overcome it.  He knows it, He LIVED it....on His knees, in the garden...for me.  And for you.  His ability to heal our hearts is perfect.  Whether or not that happens is dependent upon our choices.  The Savior states "Draw near unto me, and I will draw near unto you."  His request is humble and simple.  Turn to Him, come unto Him, draw near unto Him.  And He will encircle us with His loving arms.  I have felt that in a very real way in my own personal life.  And I have had the blessing and pleasure to see that happen for those people I've taught on my mission.  He has the power to overcome ANY and ALL tragedy, sin, or mistake.  He has promised us that "I will not forsake thee".  He is always near.  As we turn to Him, as we follow Him, and strive to draw closer to Him, He will heal, and forgive, and lift up, and overcome anything we are struggling with.  He loves me.  This I know.  He loves each of you, and all His children.  I know this to be true.  The Holy Ghost can reveal these truths to you in your heart, as you prayerfully seek to understand and feel the Saviors love for each of you.  Study the scriptures, they will teach you of the fullness of His love.  Read from the talks of the prophets and apostles.  They will expound that scripture, and speak peace to your heart.  Pray for understanding, and it will come.  I testify that the Savior lives.  I know Him, and love Him.  He is coming. 
I love each and every one of you :)  God bless :)

 
Elder Bybee

"The best is yet to come"

No comments:

Post a Comment