Monday, June 20, 2016

The persecution is real ;)

Hahaha so, I'd like to start off this week with a funny story of how I got persecuted by a random motorist ;)
 
Walking down King Street in Downtown Hamilton is like walking Downtown Chicago sometimes, lemme tell yah.  You meet some interesting folks down there.  So we're walking down the street, it's like 40 degree's Celsius outside, yeah, baking hot.  We're dying of sweat, almost to our car, when Elder Ellis stops right in front of this puddle on the road and says, you're gonna get splashed...

Me, being the person that I am, continue walking right past the puddle, just as this big 12 passenger van drives by, swerves to hit the puddle, and drenches me head to toe in dirty hot street water...

Yep...just like you seen it in the movies.  So that was a nice mid afternoon tender mercy from the Lord ;)  Needless to say, I'm listening to Elder Ellis from now on ;) 

This week we had our last zone conference with President Clayton, and man, it was hard...I did not expect for it to be such an emotional time.  I'm sorry, I just have to say, if your mission president gets called to be a general authority, you know there's something special about him.  He's really just helped me out so much, and ahh, just talking with him brings you closer to the Savior.  That guy exudes love like it's sweat or something.  It was pretty hard for me, but I know he's got greater callings to attend to and I know President Shields will be exactly what the mission needs right now.  He gets here on the 28th of June.  So we're all pretty excited for that!!! 

Saturday there was a YSA multi-stake soccer tournament, which was SICK, there were a lot of our investigators who made it out to that and it was sweet to be able to see how the YSA really fellow-shipped all of them.  Elder Ellis got FRIED, and I got pretty sunburned too, but not too bad.  Overall we're good. 

We have a baptism again this week, Keevin will be getting baptized this Sunday, we're stoked!!!  He's SO solid, and just a celestial guy, so prepared to hear and accept the gospel. 

I also got news that one of the people I taught back in St. Thomas is getting baptized this week too!  That was a pretty sweet thing for me to hear.  She's just super awesome and deserves the best life.  It's always a blessing to see those you interact with take steps closer to the Savior. 

Well that's pretty much it for this week!  Life's good, staying on my toes;) 

I leave you with my testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith.  I know he truly restored the true church back onto the earth.  I know he saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  Study the "fruit" of the prophet and his works, and it will testify of truth.  The "fruit" is the Book of Mormon.  I know it to be God's word today.  It has brought me more peace, and more direction in this life than any other book.  It's words testify of Jesus Christ.  Anyone earnestly seeking to know if this church truly is everything it claims to be has to simply read it and pray.  The Lord will reveal to those with real intent that it is indeed His Church.  I encourage everyone to make the prophet Joseph a subject of study.  Study his works, study his teachings, study the history of the church.  You will find in every instance, the Spirit witnessing that truly this man was called of God.  Bear testimony often that he was a prophet.  I know that he was a prophet. 
 
I leave you that testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all!
--
Elder Bybee

"The best is yet to come"
 
 
Zone Conference! 




Elder Ellis and I stuck in traffic for 2 hours....not fun...



Soccer Tournament with YSA.  We're burnt
 
 
 
Elder Ellis' solution to sunburns
 
 
dinner at ikea-BDE
 
 
companion study is bae
 
 
Niagara falls with the zone!
 

 
the falls!

The zone:) 


2 comments:

  1. I finally got baptized! And I'm incredibly happy!!* I am so happy to have had all your support! You truly are an amazing person. And has been a blessing to my life to have met you and the other elders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!!! I am not sure whom this is but I am sure Cale will know. He sure does love everyone he has come into contact with. Best of wonderful days ahead for you!

      Delete