Monday, July 4, 2016

Staying and Slaying

Hey there everyone!!!  

Well, to start, transfer calls were yesterday, andddd I'm staying!!!!  Elder Ellis is going to be transferred, and I'll be getting Elder Bowler, and will be training him in his new assignment!!  I'm excited to see what the transfer brings, I know the Lord will continue to provide us with many miracles, according to our faith and obedience!!  

This week was filled with exchanges!  Tuesday was with the Burlington and Oakville North Elders, Thursday was with Stoney Creek, and Friday was with the Chinese elders!  taught my first lesson in Mandarin...which basically means I sit there and try to follow the Spirit while my companion teaches in mandarin, and translates for me.  It was pretty cool though honestly!  The Spirit is there in every lesson, no matter the language.  So that was pretty sweet!!!  

We had some unique opportunities to make an impact on a couple of Elders who were struggling lately.  It was interesting as we met with them, how the Spirit bore such powerful witness of the Saviors love.  It seems as if the Savior's love comes through even more powerfully when people need it most.  It was humbling to feel and be able to testify that indeed, The Savior loved them, no matter what, and they had people He needed them to baptize.  I know it's true.  

While doing personal study a couple days ago I came across this scripture in Moroni 8:16

Behold,
I speak with boldness, 
having authority from God;

and I fear not what man can do;
for perfect love casteth out all fear. 

This scripture spoke so strongly to me, because it was exactly what I needed to hear.  The scriptures allow Heavenly Father to talk to us, if we'll just listen to the holy ghost.  

I know that the Savior loves us.  One of my favorite hymns has been "Be Still, My Soul".  This hymn just speaks so strongly to me...The Lord is our Friend.  We each have crosses we have to bear.  Ones the Lord won't take from us.  These crosses are intended to refine us, to help us become more like Him.  He promises us that He will guide us, that He will remain with us, and will not forsake us.  He always keeps His promises.  I testify from personal experience of the change feeling the Savior's love can bring.  He is real.  He is here with us.  We can feel of His presence through the power of the Holy Ghost.  Because of Him, all can be made up.  There is always hope.  He lives today, so we too can live again.  We can be healed, we can be forgiven, we can be changed, and we can become like Him.  He will know us at the last day, because we've served Him.  I know these things to be true.  And testify in the name of our Redeemer and Friend, Jesus Christ, Amen.  

Loves!

-- 
Elder Bybee

"The best is yet to come"

an old friend:)  (pete)
 
 
Professor Bybee leading comp study
 
 
America...god bless it. 


making some donuts:)
 
 
Monday morning hikes:)
 

 
 
breakfast with Tallar and the boys!


what happens when the elders sleep overnight...
 
 
 a rolls Royce...cool stuff.


Dying missionaries
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment