Monday, August 29, 2016

The Life of a Dying Man



Well folks...3 days ago marked the day I started to die.  In the mission;)  I have to admit, I didn't sleep very well that night.  Life moves too fast sometimes, and if you don't stop to smell the roses and admire the view, it'll be gone before you know it.  Every day seems so precious now, and goes by so fast.  idk whose idea it was to make missions go by so fast, but I'd like to give them a piece of my mind if I ever got the chance;) 

This week's been awesome!  We've seen a lot of miracles in those we are working with.  As we've talked to everyone and followed Elder Ballard's advice, everything seems to be going so much better as a mission!  We are also lucky to be blessed with a visit from Elder Arnold next week!  He's going to be doing a lot of cleaning house and hands on work, so we're stoked for that:) 

I've also learned this week that pouring essential oils under people's noses while their sleeping can be potentially dangerous...so don't' do that;) 

 I've had the opportunity to learn a valuable lesson this week. 
In life, sometimes we can sometimes find ourselves putting a lot of prayer, effort, pondering and time into an idea.  It's something we really want, and so we pray for it to happen.  If, on the rare occasion we get the feeling that potentially it might not go that way, we hurriedly stuff it away, or pass it off as a coincidence.  We fail to recognize the answers, and ask the right questions.  The right questions are not always the "Will you help me's", or the "Please help this work", but rather sometimes the questions we need to ask God is "Should I?"  or "What's your will in this?" 

Sometimes I have made the mistake of running away from God's answers and trying to drown them out with distractions.  Yet I've began to find a quiet strength that comes in a nightly prayer, and humbly admitting to God that, finally, I am ready to accept what He has in store for me, whatever that may be.  On that same occasion, I found in prayer such a love and compassion, and a greater understanding of who God is, and the love that He has for us. 

We often fail to think about how the Father must have felt, as He watched a perfect Son, bear the weight of such heartache and grief.  Yet He stayed His hand, He said no. 
Sometimes as we pray, we fear the answer no.  But there are reasons for the answer no.  Sometimes, in a similar fashion to the Savior, Heavenly Father, in His perfect love for us, gently says no.  That this is something we have to go through.  Often we can get bitter and question why.  Yet we already know the answer. 

The Plan our Father has in store for us is perfect.  He knows exactly what is absolutely best.  And sometimes patience is required.  Sometimes we are forbidden from seeing the road ahead.  And so, we have to trust in what we do know.  That God loves us, and will guide us every step of the way. 

I am grateful for the times when Heavenly Father says no.  And for the times when He lets me stumble.  Those stumbling blocks have built me into who I am today.  I am grateful for them.  And for the times He has said no.  It has brought me closer to Him.  I know the Father loves each of us.  His Son, Jesus Christ, is the greatest gift He could have given us.  I love Him and am grateful to have the opportunity to serve Him, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Loves!
--
Elder Bybee

"The best is yet to come"
Holding one of our investigators pet snakes


St. cat's district meeting!

Sweet Nissan 350 Z.  or 370 Z


Exchanges with the big man, Elder Carroll
Just a casual Bybee with a casual snake

No comments:

Post a Comment