Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Yo, Friends

What's good. 

This week's been sweet!  Saw some cool miracles in opening our mouths and talking to everyone.  There's just a lot of prepared people in YSA work, what can I say?;)  God is good.  
 
We have a General Authority visiting the mission this week, and he's coming to inspect our apartment, so I would like to formally and humbly petition the saints in Utah to pray for us and our apartment specifically by name, that we will not get raked over the coals by a General Authority. 
Again, that's Elder Bybee, Elder Nugent, Elder DeWeese and Elder Myers. 

Please and thank you. 

We've had the opportunity this week to take a returned Missionary named Logenn out with us this week.  He's honestly one of the most spiritual and gospel oriented persons I've ever met.  He talked about the idea of calling down the powers of heaven and what a person has to do to achieve that state of spirituality.  There was a missionary in his mission, a traveling AP, who seemed to just have that power.  It seemed that wherever he went, miracles seemed to follow.  And so he asked the guy one day, how did he do it?
 
The reply came, "I studied the first principles of the Gospel, and understood them." 
At first, he was pretty skeptical and frustrated.  But the more he thought and studied it, the more it seemed to make sense.  Idk it was a cool story and we saw some sweet miracles that day. 

I've also thought a lot about the idea of the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.  Heavenly Father promises us that we may ALWAYS have His spirit to be with us.  But what does that really mean?  I mean, we can't be perfect 100% of the time.  And we know that sin drives away the spirit, which is something that we do every day.  So how does it work?  
 
I've asked myself that question over and over again, and I've think that it really does come back to the first principles of faith and repentance.  We can't take the sacrament every day.  But if we make it more than a simple Sunday observance, and prepare each day to partake again, we can indeed have the Holy Ghost each day.  We repent, and have faith to do better, and repent again.  We don't have to be perfect to qualify for His constant companionship.  We DO have to repent each day, multiple times a day.  It's as simple as a prayer, coming from the heart, in humility, that brings that Spirit back each time.  I've definitely seen that in my life, and look forward to applying it in the future. 

I love you all, thank you for all that you do!


Elder Bybee

"The best is yet to come"
 
Awkward car pics


Stealing Elder Nugent's camera



I saw....a pillar of artificial light,
exactly over my head,
above the brightness of most other artificial lights. 

which descended rather quickly,
until it fell upon me.
when the light soon rested upon the alley,
I saw Elder Nugent
taking a picture. 

The end.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment